Ler o "Pura Anarquia" de Woody Allen tem sido uma experiência extraordinária. Como ando muito nos transportes públicos (podem encontrar-me em qualquer comboio da linha de Cascais ou num autocarro da Vimeca) aproveito essas alturas para pôr a leitura em dia. E o que eu tenho rido sozinho com esta obra, que é um autêntico hino ao nonsense...
Aproveitando esta fase Alleniana que estou a passar novamente, aqui ficam algumas quotes desta lenda viva do humor:
- I can't listen to that much Wagner. I start getting the urge to conquer Poland.
- I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
- I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam; I looked into the soul of the boy sitting next to me.
- If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.
- Interestingly, according to modern astronomers, space is finite. This is a very comforting thought-- particularly for people who can never remember where they have left things.
- Life is divided into the horrible and the miserable.
- Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.
- To you I'm an atheist; to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.
- Death doesn't really worry me that much, I'm not frightened about it... I just don't want to be there when it happens.